StarCraft II/Patch 4.2.0
Jump to navigation ⧼phoenix-jumptosearch⧽
“Free To Play”
|Release date||February 20, 2018|
|Patches category, StarCraft II|
StarCraft II patch 4.2.0 is the second major patch since patch 4.0.0.
- The “strong against” and “weak against” section for each unit has been updated in the Help section.
- Observers will now animate slightly when in Surveillance Mode. They will no longer emit sounds while cloaked to enemy players in this mode.
- The Disruptor Purification Nova art has been modified so that the center core better indicates the collision size of the detonation radius.
- Adept attacks will now have orange projectiles once Resonating Glaives has been researched.
- The icon for Resonating Glaives has been updated to match the new spell effect.
- Hydralisk attacks now have a new green visual effect once Grooved Spines has been researched.
- All Spore Crawlers’ damage—including Zagara's, Kerrigan's, Abathur's, and Amon's—has been reduced from 15 (+30 vs. Biological) to 15.
- Armor and Shield upgrades are now generally cheaper across the board.
- Reworked building selection priority of all Co-op commanders to be more consistent.
- Changed various Mastery descriptions to improve the clarity of these abilities.
- All Overseers now have a more distinct visual indication when they enter Surveillance Mode.
Part and Parcel
- Parts Crates are now considered hostile and units will automatically target them.
- Parts can now be picked up by air units.
- Parts pickup radius has been increased.
- The first bonus objective will now spawn at 8 minutes instead of 7 minutes.
- Hybrid Boss music will now be modified by the Music volume option under sound settings.
- The area around each Hybrid Stasis Chamber is now buildable.
- The "Gather Balius Parts" objective has now been renamed "Gather Balius Parts to delay Hybrid" to better communicate to the purpose of collecting parts.
- Reworked General Davis' voiceovers to be less frequent.
- Abathur's Ultimate Evolutions now have tooltips that better describe their Symbiotes' abilities.
- Reworked Fenix’s level 10 upgrade, Operational Efficiency, to reduce the mineral costs of all production and tech structures by 50% in addition to its current functionality. This cost reduction applies to Gateways, Cybernetics Cores, Forges, Twilight Councils, Robotics Facilities, Robotics Bays, Stargates, and Fleet Beacons.
- Legionnaire base damage increased from 12x2 to 16x2. Weapon upgrades now provide +2x2 damage each, up from +1x2.
- Conservator Protective Field damage reduction increased from 20% to 35%.
- Radius of Conservator Protective Field in Mobile Mode increased from 5.5 to 7.2. It now matches its radius in Phasing Mode.
- Combat Sensor Array now increases the Scout’s air attack range by +3, up from +1. Range bonus on the ground remains the same.
- The Air Weapons upgrade now provides the Scouts’ anti-ground Photon Blaster with +2 (+3 vs. light) damage, up from +1.
- Carrier Interceptor cost decreased from 15 to 0.
- Extended Thermal Lance research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
- Avenging Protocol now gives a 50% attack speed bonus when a champion is transferred to a new shell, up from 25%.
- Avenging Protocol now gives a 10% attack speed bonus per supply each time a host shell of their type is destroyed, up from 5%.
- Avenging Protocol attack speed bonus cap increased from 100% to 200%.
- Avenging Protocol bonus duration increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Taldarin range increased from 5 to 6.
- Warbringer range increased from 8 to 9.
- Kaldalis’ Empowered Blades damage scaling increased from 3 per Legionnaire to 4.5 per Legionnaire. Maximum Empowered Blades damage increased from 29 to 39.
- Talis’ Debilitation System now allows Talis to hit 8 units with its Ricochet Glaive ability, up from 5.
- Talis' Psionic Projection ability now summons a Shade that deals 25 (35 vs. light) damage, up from 8 (11 vs. light).
- Talis’ Shade now has a unique indicator so that it is more identifiable.
- Taldarin attack speed increased from 1.80 to 1.45.
- Taldarin's Barrier damage absorption increased from 100 to 200.
- Warbringer Purification Blast damage increased from 200 to 300.
- Mojo TDW bonus reworked. Instead of increasing stun duration (from 2 to 4), it now decreases the cooldown of Suppression Procedure by 0.75 per Scout, from 10 to a minimum of 5.
- Mojo now receives bonuses from Combat Sensor Array. His upgraded attack range (6 vs. air, 4 vs. ground) will still remain 1 less than that of upgraded Scouts (7 vs. air, 5 vs. ground).
- Fenix’s Attack Speed Mastery bonus increased from 1% per point to 2% per point. Maximum attack speed bonus increased from 30% to 60%.
- Fenix Suit Offline Energy Regeneration Mastery bonus increased from 0.5% per point to 0.75% per point. Maximum regeneration bonus increased from 15% to 22.5%.
- Champion A.I. Life and Shields bonus increased from 1% per point to 2% per point. Maximum life and shield bonus increased from 30% to 60%.
- Extra Starting Supply Mastery bonus increased from 1 supply per point to 2 supply per point. Maximum starting supply increased from 30 to 60.
- Rally points set to Fenix's suits will now re-rally to a new suit each time one is summoned. This occurs even if an active suit is destroyed in combat and a new suit is summoned later.
- Fenix's Purifier Conclave now shows the number of units of that type on the field without a mouseover.
- Fenix's Disruptors now have a max range indicator when selected.
Han & Horner
- Hellion damage increased from 15 (20 vs. armored) to 15 (30 vs. armored).
- Hellion weapon upgrade now provides +1 (+3 vs. armored) damage, up from +1 (+2 vs. armored).
- Hellion Tar Bomb ability now reduces the range of units hit by the Tar Bomb by 3.
- The Hellion's stronger death chance effect now overrides its normal death chance effect.
- Hellbat HP increased from 135 to 235.
- Widow Mines no longer have the “Ignore Placement” flag.
- Asteria Wraith max attack speed bonus increased from 50% to 100%.
- The Deimos Viking’s W.I.L.D. Missiles ability now deals 15 (25 vs. armored) damage per missile, up from 10.
- Deimos Viking’s anti-air damage increased from 15 (21 vs. armored) to 20 (35 vs. armored). Weapon upgrades now provide 2 (4 vs. armored) each, up from 2.
- Sovereign Battlecruiser ATA Laser (12 damage) and ATS Laser (15 damage) weapon systems removed. These are replaced by an ATX Laser Battery weapon that deals 18 damage with the same cooldown.
- Sovereign Battlecruiser in ATX Laser Battery mode can now fire while the Battlecruiser is moving.
- Damage of Sovereign Battlecruiser in Overcharged Reactor mode increased from 100 to 200.
- Mini Yamato Gun weapon upgrade now provides +20 damage, up from +5.
- Drone Hanger supply cost decreased from 6 to 3.
- Asteria Wraith supply cost increased from 2 to 4.
- Deimos Viking supply cost increased from 2 to 4.
- Sovereign Battlecruiser supply cost increased from 6 to 10.
- Strike Fighter Platform supply cost decreased from 4 to 2.
- Strike Fighter takeoff time decreased from 1 to 0.5.
- Strike Fighter movement speed increased from 13 to 30.
- Strike Fighter acceleration increased from 20 to 100.
- Strike Fighter armor increased from 0 to 2.
- Strike Fighter gains 1 fewer second of invulnerability after it drops its payload.
- Strike Fighter retains vision for 2 additional seconds after it drops its payload.
- Strike Fighter damage increased from 150 (400 vs. non-Heroic structures) to 175 (400 vs. non-Heroic structures).
- Mag Mine arming time reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Mag Mine Triggering Time reduced from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Han & Horner’s Level 8 ability, His and Her Supply, now increases the HP of their Supply Depots from 400 to 800.
- Salvage bonuses no longer affect certain “free” units such as Nova’s Railgun Turrets (summoned from Ravens), Infested Civilians, Volatile Infested, and Infested Troopers (summoned from Bunkers). Salvage will still affect all of Zagara’s Banelings and Infested Marines (summoned from Barracks).
- Stronger Death Chance Mastery bonus increased from 1% per point to 1.5% per point. Max bonuses increased from 30% to 60%.
- Double Salvage Chance Mastery bonuses increased from 1% per point to 2% per point. Max bonuses increased from 30% to 60%.
- Horner Unit Life Regeneration Mastery replaced with Strike Fighter Area of Effect Radius Mastery. The Strike Fighter Area of Effect Mastery increases both the radius of the Strike Fighter’s base attack and the radius of its Napalm Payload Effect by 1% per point up to a total of 30%.
- Extended Thermal Lance research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
- Fire Beam research cost decreased from 200/200 to 150/150.
- Fire Beam damage over time increased from 100 damage over 5 seconds to 150 damage over 5 seconds.
- Carrier Interceptor Cost decreased from 15 to 0.
- Solar Efficiency Level 2 upgrade cost decreased from 300/300 to 250/250.
- Solar Efficiency Level 3 upgrade cost decreased from 400/400 to 300/300.
- Advanced Repair Systems upgrade now allows the Reconstruction Beam to target two additional targets, up from one.
- The Solar Flare upgrade now enables Solar Lance to set fire to the ground in an area that is double the width, from 2 to 4. The Solar Lance's primary weapon width remains the same.
- Solar Flare duration increased from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Solar Flare damage over time increased from 10 damage/second to 15 damage/second.
- Karax's units are now 30% more expensive than Protoss base units, down from 50% more expensive.
- Karax's Unit Cost Mastery bonus decreased from 1% per point to 0.75% per point. Maximum cost reduction from 30% to 22.5%.
- Swann's Factory can now build both Hellions and Hellbats.
- Abathur, Kerrigan, Zagara
- Ground Carapace upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Flyer Carapace upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Artanis, Alarak, Fenix, Karax, Vorazun
- Plasma Shield upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Air Armor upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Primal Attacks upgrade costs increased from (100/100; 150/150; 200/200) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Primal Carapace upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 175/175; 250/250).
- Infantry Armor upgrade costs decreased from (150/150; 225/225; 300/300) to (100/100; 150/150; 200/200).
- Improved Terrain Editor module object lookups.
- Added native functions: BankBackupGetId, BankBackupGetLatestId, BankBackupRemove, BankBackupLoopBegin, BankBackupLoopStep, BankBackupLoopDone, BankBackupLoopCurrent, BankBackupLoopEnd to allow iterating over and managing backup banks.
- Changed Scintilla code and XML editor to utilize the UTF 8 character set to allow displaying hint text in all languages.
- Modified the Scintilla hint text to not display across the entire screen when the hint is a long string.
- Fix for missing trigger debug profiling for modder utilization in the trigger debugger.
- Enabled editor features for any user that has paid content by removing the starter account restriction.
- Viewing of the Wings of Liberty campaign maps now allowed for all editor users.
- Added native event: EventHotKeyPressed for being able to query hot keys that are pressed.
- Added native function: UnitControlGroup to get the currently selected unit group.
- Added Scintilla code editor to the trigger error view.
- Improved the Text Editor search functionality.
- Added optimizations for unit groups.
- Fixed a typo in the description of the Tal’darim Destroyer in the Legacy of the Void campaign.
- Fixed an issue in the Legacy of the Void campaign where using the Temporal Field ability created only one field.
- Restored the casting animation of Aiur High Templars when playing Legacy of the Void campaign.
- Fixed an issue on Void Launch that prevented Terran buildings from landing in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug where killing Amon's Ghost Academy would give the player additional score points.
- Fixed some unintended interactions with the Twister Mutation.
- Players who have a Han and Horner ally will no longer hear the announcement voice-line when a Wraith is called down.
- Replaced the Queen unit in the Hotkey list for Zerg Co-op Commanders
- Fixed an issue with the Twister Mutator not interacting properly with flying units in certain parts of the Chain of Ascension mission.
- Fixed an issue where Weekly Mutations were not granting the correct amount of experience based on difficulty.
- Burrowed Lurkers will now have the chance to change into a more powerful unit when the Transmutation Mutator is active.
- Symbiote from Abathur’s Ultimate Evolution will now target Void Shards on the Rifts to Korhal mission.
- Fixed a bug where Toxic Nests were respawning on initial placement.
- Fixed a bug where Symbiotes were disappearing when certain abilities were used on it.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Alarak to use abilities while the hero is spawning.
- Fixed a bug where Alarak's Wrath of the Highlord ability had global range.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Primal Hive to trigger the incorrect error when attempting to root in a blocked area.
- Dehaka no longer has a chance of becoming stuck in the air when affected by the Infestor’s Fungal Growth.
- Primal Mutalisks with Primal Reconstitution can now receive fatal damage from a Choker's tentacle attack on Dead of Night.
- Primal Wurms can no longer Deep Tunnel into the Xel'Naga Temple and avoid enemy melee units.
- Fixed a typo in Purifier Armament's description. It now correctly shows the bonus damage.
- Fixed a tooltip error regarding Clolarion’s range.
- Han and Horner
- Fixed an issue that allowed a Reaper to access areas that should not be pathable after using Jet Pack Overdrive on Chain of Ascension.
- Chrono Wave no longer slows the cooldown of Horner's Starport units.
- Fixed a bug where Sentinels were reviving into Legionaries and refunding the player minerals.
- Fixed a bug where Optimized Ordinance was providing Photon Cannons and Khaydarin Monoliths with slightly too much attack speed.
- The Raven’s Railgun Turret will no longer produce salvage when playing with a Han and commander.
- Replaced the Starport building in the Hotkey list.
- Issuing an attack move command near Nova's "Penetrating Blast" radius effect will no longer command Nova's army to attack her.
- The tooltip for Retinal Augmentation now displays the correct attack range.
- The Volatile Infested that spawn from an Infested Siege Tank will now move to the location of the Psi Emitter.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Infested Bunkers to generate minerals while playing with a Han & Horner ally.
- The Brood Queen’s attack speed will now be increased by the “Mech Attack Speed” mastery.
- The Aleksander is now able to attack the crates in Parts and Parcel.
- Fixed a bug where Infested Civilians were spawning Broodlings each time they leaped.
- The Wraith's Pulse Amplifier upgrade will now grant an additional 100% attack speed.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Science Vessels to erroneously repair structures and bonus objectives.
- The Hellbat transformation ability no longer has an Armory requirement.
- Fixed a bug where cloaked units would become unkillable while under certain conditions when the mutator, Eminent Domain, was active.
- Fixed a typo regarding Zagara's Baneling damage Mastery.
- It should provide 1 extra damage per point, not 1%.
- AcidPlant LE
- Removed a one unit wide pathable area in the north edge of the map.
- Resolved several issues related to various doodads.
- Backwater LE
- Fixed an issue where, even with the ambient sound option turned off, animal sounds could be heard.
- Fixed an issue where players would receive an error when queuing for a 1v1 unranked game with a party.
- Removed a duplicate listing of the Observer in the Help menu.
- Resolved an issue that prevented changing the hotkeys related to the Overseer.
- Removed Repair Drone from the Hotkeys menu.
- The Shield Battery will no longer change sizes when being viewed in the Help menu.
- Added the missing Infernal Pre-Igniter upgrade to the Hellbat in the Help menu.
- Attempting to join an expired lobby while in a party no longer causes the non-party leader to get into an unresponsive state.
- Removed support for viewing replays that are older than SC2 3.10 due to these replays no longer being supported and causing frequent crashes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Oracle’s Revelation to last longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused units to maintain the visual effects of the Nexus Recall ability if it was destroyed while the units are being recalled.
- An Adept’s location will no longer be briefly revealed to an enemy player if the Adept was in the middle of attacking when teleporting to its Shade.
- Observers in Surveillance Mode will now benefit from armor and shield upgrades.
- Zerg Burrowed Queens no longer have higher tab priority than unburrowed Queens.
- Triggering the Oracle’s Stasis Ward now correctly removes the Interference Matrix debuff.
- Fixed the building priority order for Pylons and Shield Batteries.
- A warping Shield Battery pre-placed model will no longer appear if a Pylon is placed over or near the warping Shield Battery.
- The Auto-Kill achievement has been updated so that it can still be obtained.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Protoss AI from being able to use Chrono Boost in custom games.
- The Judicator Zealot’s Psi-Blades are now properly distinct from standard Zealot’s Psi-Blades in-game.
- Fixed an issue with the Mercenary version of the Supply Depot appearing fully constructed while it was still being built when playing on the Wings of Liberty expansion level.
- An Observer using the Forged skin will now face upwards when in Surveillance Mode.
- Fixed an animation bug in the Junker Hellbat’s 3D portrait.