StarCraft II/Patch 2.0.5
“Heart of the Swarm”
|Release date||March 13, 2013|
|Patches category, StarCraft II|
StarCraft II patch 2.0.5 is the first content patch since patch 2.0.4. Players who have purchased the Heart of the Swarm expansion now have access to all of its content, including the continuation of the epic single-player campaign, new multiplayer units and maps, as well as the AI Communication system.
With the new XP Leveling System, every Heart of the Swarm match grants experience points, which players can use to level up to unlock new portraits, decals, unit skins, and dance animations.
What’s more, they’ve revamped the game’s physics engine and updated all unit death animations. Battles are now more epic than ever before as units can now fall off cliff edges, slide down ramps, or glide across ice after being killed.
Heart of the Swarm also includes all of the awesome new features recently added to StarCraft II in Patch 2.0.4, including the revamped user interface, clans and groups, new replay features, unranked play, global play, and much more!
Players who have purchased the Heart of the Swarm expansion now have access to all of its content.
- Continue the epic single-player campaign and story.
- Command the Zerg Swarm in 20 brand-new missions across seven dramatic story arcs.
- Conquer foes and evolve your brood in seven Evolution Mission skirmishes.
- Explore dangerous new worlds with 14 additional tilesets.
- Relive every exciting moment by unlocking the Master Archives. After completing the Heart of the Swarm campaign, you can use the Master Archives to jump directly into any mission or replay any cinematic.
- Experience the enhanced multiplayer game.
- Seven new units have been added across the Terran, Protoss, and Zerg races.
- Intriguing upgrades and abilities have been retrofitted to a number of existing Wings of Liberty units.
- There are 26 new multiplayer maps of all sizes to wage war on!
- Experience a completely revamped physics system.
- Death animations have been updated to take advantage of advanced physics effects.
- After being killed, units can fall off cliff edges, slide down ramps, glide across ice, and more.
- Many physics-triggered sounds have been paired with these new visual effects.
- Level up with the new Leveling System.
- Completing Heart of the Swarm matches now grants XP.
- Level up to unlock new skins, animations, race specific portraits, and decals.
- Control AI partners using the “AI Communication” system.
- Players can now work closely and strategize with their AI partners.
- You can issue specific commands to AI teammates, such as where to attack, defend, scout, and expand.
Heart of the Swarm includes all of the awesome new features recently added in Patch 2.0.4, including the updated user interface, clans and groups, new replay features, unranked play, global play, language selection, and much more!
- Global Play is now live.
- Players can now easily switch between regions via the new “Regions” button on the StarCraft II login screen.
- Your game language and user interface will not change when you change regions.
- Your character profiles and ladder data are unique to each region.
- When your region’s game servers are undergoing maintenance, you may be able to play in a different region that is not down for maintenance.
- For more information, please visit our Global Play FAQ on our support site.
- StarCraft II will no longer download upcoming patch data while the game is running.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to change their language if patch data was not 100% downloaded via the game launcher.
- Fixed several issues causing the game to turn unresponsive when pausing and leaving the game in various states.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to run low on video memory.
- Fixed a desync that could occur between Mac and PC if an AI was scouted with a cloaked unit.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in rare situations when force-quitting StarCraft II.
- Fixed a number of crashes that could occur when viewing and rewinding replays.
- Fixed an issue where players could not hear voice chat when using the FMod provider.
- The language selection dropdown should no longer display an incorrect language.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when playing some Arcade games when using a custom hotkey profile.
- Fixed a countdown display issue when utilizing the Take Command feature in the Korean and Taiwanese game clients.
- It is now possible to properly un-bookmark Arcade maps from outside of the Bookmark page.
- Fixed a number of issues related to the “only officers will be shown” warning text reserved for Groups with large rosters.
- Clans and Groups rosters are no longer sorted in reverse order.
- Clans and Groups are now defined properly in chat when typing in a game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a Clan or Group using certain combinations of special characters.
- Fixed a display issue that could occur when scrolling down a large Group roster list.
- It is now possible to use special characters in Clan and Group names.
- It is now possible to use spaces in the names of groups in the Russian game client.
- Fixed an issue for players in Korean or Taiwanese game clients who were unable to add Battle Tag friends in certain situations.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when double-clicking an .SC2Map file while the editor was downloading required dependencies.