Jump to navigation ⧼phoenix-jumptosearch⧽
“Game & Expansion”
|Patches category, StarCraft|
StarCraft patch 1.17.0 is a test patch.
Specific Changes & Improvements
- Increased turn rate to lower unit response times over Battle.net gameplay
- Fixed palette issues to correct "rainbow water" and other graphic artifacts
- Fixed text artifacting in the Battle.net menus
- First client run will migrate saves to avoid issues from Windows system admin changes
- Mac is not supported this patch, but is in progress
A few other things of possible interest:
- StarCraft now logs the total and monthly amount of games played on each protocol.
- StarCraft no longer crashes when attempting to watch a replay in which a player has chat too much while the game was paused.
- Blizzard seems to have modified an outdated version of StarEdit.
- The patch introduces BlizzardError.exe and SystemSurvey.exe to StarCraft for the first time.
- battle.snp, standard.snp, StarEdit.exe, and storm.dll are now digitally signed.
- Screenshots are now saved in PNG format instead of PCX.
- Screenshotting in the Battle.net interface automatically saves to your clipboard instead of opening a dialog.
- It has been reported the game does not run anymore on Windows 2000.